Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm not a drunk...

but apparently I play one at the ballpark. I was in line to get a dog and some fries and decided since I finished my beer while waiting in line for at least 15 minutes, I'd get another. The girl takes my order, asks for my id, looks at me, looks at my id, looks at me again, hands me back my id and says "i don't feel comfortable serving you a beer." I was floored. I figured she didn't think I looked like my id but really I've looked the same since I was 2 - just bigger- and who is going to fake an id to show they're 34? Doesn't seem logical. So I said "what?" Apparently my eyes were too red and she thought I was too drunk already... I had 3, maybe 4 beers. I'm not an alcoholic but anyone who knows me knows I'm not drunk - hell, barely buzzed. I was completely confused so I said "after 3 beers? that's fine. I'll just go to the next stand." But I didn't. I just sat in line for 15 minutes. I didn't want to wait again for a crappy Miller Lite... We went to Long Wong's. Everyone I told the story was confused. My eyes weren't red. They still aren't. Absolute power...corrupts absolutely. donkeys.

No comments: